ViBE removes the bandwidth problems that have always been associated with VoIP, allowing calls to be carried over cost effective ADSL. ViBE effectively creates a connection over any link (ADSL, 3G, ISDN or satellite) and prioritises voice data packets meaning the problems with VoIP calls, including jitter and latency, simply stop being problems.
Point to Point Solutions
For multi-site locations, a Point to Point solution is the easiest way to deploy ViBE.
- Deployed as a Point to Point solution in your enterprise ViBE technology enables your iPBX to truly function as intended.
- ViBE VPN QoS and compression technology guarantees voice quality by ensuring that VoIP traffic is efficiently and effectively prioritised at byte level within your network. Using ViBE technology also means that you no longer need as much expensive bandwidth to carry VoIP traffic between your VoIP enabled PABX and remote office locations.
- ViBE virtually eliminates packet overhead, reducing the bandwidth required by a codec to its original size. In fact ViBE is so efficient that it can allow a 256K data link to carry 28 simultaneous G729 calls.
- In SIP Trunking applications the use of ViBE technology can allow an existing PRI to be replaced with a single 256K ADSL circuit. Gone are the days of high cost leased lines or SDSL circuits, VoIP replacement of PRI circuits becomes a truly cost effective and viable alternative to traditional ISDN30 and ViBE allows a ‘peace of mind’ failover option via Basic Rate ISDN data circuits.
- By using lower cost dedicated ADSL links to carry VoIP traffic, ViBE enabled Point to Point links can normally be installed much quicker than leased line or SDSL circuits and will show significant cost savings, even in year one. Over the life of your new iPBX ViBE could save you tens of thousands of Dollars in expensive leased line circuit costs.
- For organisations that already have leased lines between sites and would like to use these for VoIP traffic, ViBE provides a method of maximising existing investment by reducing the amount of bandwidth required for the added VoIP traffic, and by implementing ViBE QoS over the circuit, can guarantee the quality of the voice calls.
Service Provider Solutions
ViBE guarantees voice quality by ensuring that VoIP traffic is efficiently and effectively prioritised at byte level, reducing jitter and preventing call break-up.
- Until now suppliers of IP PBX solutions or Hosted VoIP services have found themselves constrained by the cost of SDSL or leased lines for higher capacity connectivity or the limited capacity of lower cost ADSL circuits.
- Deployed between your customers and your hosted VoIP PBX, or over a SIP trunk connection, our technology reduces bandwidth requirement so effectively that a single 256K ADSL circuit can carry 28 G729 calls with no loss of call quality.
- For your customers that already have leased lines and would like to use these for VoIP traffic, ViBE provides a method of maximising existing investment by reducing the amount of bandwidth required for the added VoIP traffic, and by implementing ViBE QoS over the circuit, can guarantee the quality of the voice calls.
- Installing ViBE within your network to provide higher call capacity and ViBE QoS could mean the difference between cost effective, guaranteed quality calls and a system that works some of the time – but never during that crucial sales call.
- Through its ability to effectively use ADSL links to carry higher levels of VoIP traffic ViBE enabled circuits can normally be installed much quicker than leased line or SDSL circuits and will show significant cost savings.
- By working with an ISP that has a ViBE enabled infrastructure ViBE can even be cost effectively deployed for remote workers at SOHO locations wanting to use VoIP telephony over ADSL.
ISP Infrastructure Solutions
When used within your network ViBE can reduce the bandwidth required to carry VoIP traffic by up to 80%
- ViBE is an IP tunnelling protocol specifically designed to provide true Quality of Service for VoIP over ADSL broadband circuits.
- ViBE provides not only byte level QoS but also RTP header compression to allow your customers to run more VoIP calls with unprecedented quality over ADSL circuits carrying both voice and data.
- ViBE server appliances deployed in your network allow you to offer a chargeable premium service that can guarantee call quality and in SIP trunking applications allows you to offer 28 channels of G.729 calls over a 256/512K ADSL circuit.
- ViBE Servers allow you to licence the service that you offer on a “per channel” basis so that you can differentiate between a residential customer that has a single VoIP connection and those customers that require 28 channels to replace a traditional PRI.
- ViBE enabling your network allows you to offer service quality guarantees to the growing number of VoIP service providers who are looking for high quality broadband connections for their customers.
- For ISPs wanting to offer their own VoIP service you no longer need to consider using strategies like multiple PVCs and dedicating bandwidth as ViBE dynamically allocates bandwidth as it is required and provides byte level QoS over the circuit.
- ViBE can also allow you to offer higher bandwidth, higher quality codecs without having to sacrifice too much bandwidth.
- For the customer ViBE can be integrated into a number of existing ADSL modems and broadband routers so that the cost of implementation is low.
- By using ViBE, ISPs can now offer an alternative to traditional leased lines for VoIP applications. Using uncontended ADSL tails and routing within a ViBE enabled network it is possible to offer a service that competes directly with SDSL or leased lines but is quicker to install and more cost effective.
- Because ViBE provides true QoS in both directions it is Ideal for home workers who need to use VoIP telephony over ADSL and still need to access company information over the Internet at the same time.
- A single ViBE server appliance can pay for itself in less than 4 months and allow an ISP to generate significant extra revenue